Saturday, November 27, 2010

The 20 Days of World of Warcraft Challenge - Day 1


So... i've seen a couple fellow bloggers doing this, at varying stages, over the last few days, and it sounded like fun so I figured I would give it a shot. First off, thanks Jaedia for the link to Specced For Drama where YOU originally found this challenge. And also thanks to SpellboundSaga for being the first person I saw actually posting this :) Anyway! On to day 1's question.

What is your favorite class, and why?
This is a tough question. As you may or may not have gathered from reading this blog, I am quite an altaholic. I've considered 4 or 5 different toons my "main" over the last couple of years, so it's a really difficult question to answer. The more I think about it though, I have to think that my favorite class is Paladin.

"But Fuzz," you might say... "your CURRENT main is a druid. Why isn't he your favorite class, at least for the moment?"
Well... My first inclination was indeed to say a druid, if for no other reason than yes he IS my current main, and I really do love playing him. There has always been something about paladins for me though. I have levelled 2 of them to 80, and I am currently about to start my 3rd one into Outlands (see the screenshots I included in my last post... they're all from my pally's questing experience). Paladins are amazing to level, they're quite fun at 80, and they do quite well at all 3 roles... even though I am not now, nor will I ever be any semblance of a knowledgeable paladin healer. In fact, a paladin is the first class i've ever actually TRIED to tank or heal on. So if it wasn't for me having so much fun on my very first Paladin (Thank you Jadithyn of Wyrmrest Accord) I wouldn't be the tanky motherfucker that I am now, and I wouldn't have a REAL appreciation for how healing is until I found out how exceedingly spastic I am at it... even in 5 mans... no thanks.

My point is, the paladin class has done a lot for me. It has taken up a lot of my time, even if I haven't mained one seriously in forever. It has given me insight into what I feel like my *real* calling is in the game (tanking), and given me a SERIOUS insight into the world of which I may have otherwise underappreciated. Plus, I just think they're fun as hell.

Say hello to Cayadrin of the Lothar. My 2nd paladin to make it to 80, my ONLY horde toon to do so, and the toon that TRULY reaffirmed my love of the paladin class. Shame that he is now wasting away on a server I never play on anymore, but thems the breaks, i'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me comments! WTB MOAR COMMENTS!