Friday, April 23, 2010

Backgrounds and babbling

So, I figured since my first two blogs were pre-written for another site (and i'm not even sure if they'll go up there, cause it was never confirmed) that I should break the ice for this site, being my actual personal blog and give a bit of information. I've never really been much of a blogger, but just recently I actually felt like I have something to say... and from listening to the (i think it was) Twisted Nether podcast--if I could paraphrase them a bit--"Since I have something to say, there will be someone out there who will want to read it."... And thus, I found blogazeroth.com, and after looking at some of the blogs on there, realizing that not every blogger is a "professional", I created this blog.

Actually, I should back up a bit. Before finding Twisted Nether Podcast, I found Polygamerous Podcast.. Before Polygamerous I found Woweh.com, a wonderful little webcomic.. If you haven't been there to check that comic out... DO IT NOW.. Go on, i'll wait. Read the whole thing, I don't mind.....................

Finished? I told you it was awesome didn't I? Anyway.. Kelly (the writer/artist/creator of woweh and now 4th host on Polygamerous Podcast) made a call for people to write a guest blog for her comic, and I jumped at the chance. Nothing was ever set in stone to my knowledge, so whether the two blogs I wrote for her site will actually go LIVE or not on her site i'm not sure of at this point.. Thus, my reposting of them on THIS site so whoever is reading this now can see what my thoughts were at the time.

Wow.. I've babbled quite a bit haven't I? Anyway, that's how I found myself in the blogosphere. Now as far as WoW goes... I started playing almost 2 years ago, towards the end of the Burning Crusade expansion. My first character was a Draenei mage by the name of Achloryn (he's the handsome fella you see bowing to you in my avatar), created on the Ner'zhul (US-PVP) server. I quickly fell in love with the game.. Stampeded my way to 70 and started raiding in what seemed like record time. I found sites like wowhead.com and elitistjerks.com to help improve my character as much as I possibly could, and found my way all the way to Serpentshrine Cavern before Wrath of the Lich King was launched. (The old hampster wheel of a computer I had REALLY hated that place by the way.. 25 man raids were nothing but a lagfest). I upgraded my computer a couple months after WotLK's launch, and found myself not sucking quite so bad in raids anymore.... however with patch 3.1 and Ulduar's release.. It wasn't long after I found myself kind of sick of raiding. I felt like it was becoming a chore to go in there on my one night a week, clear the same 8 bosses, and then be unable to down any of the others for one reason or another, so I quit raiding and rolled a new character on Wyrmrest Accord (US-RP).

Okay.. so, I don't want to make all of your eyes bleed with a long explanation of everything in my warcrafting history.. Maybe i'll make a part two of this post, but for now, i'll leave it here. Hope you continue reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me comments! WTB MOAR COMMENTS!