Sunday, May 2, 2010

Raiding vs everything else.

So, I find myself in a slight dilemma over the last few days. But I suppose a bit of backstory is required first (just a little, don't worry).

First, before these last few weeks, I hadn't raided at all since 3.1 when Ulduar was end-game. If you read my last blog post then you know just a few short days ago, I took my first steps into Icecrown Citadel, and basically cleared half of the raid. I had so much fun it reminded me of why I used to raid. The problem, however, is in the fact that I am not in a raiding guild. I am in a small, but extremely close-knit RP guild on the Wyrmrest Accord server.

Now, I know you'll tell me that I could just continue to pug my way, and maybe, maybe get in a REALLY good pug who can just make their way through the whole thing when the 30% damage buff goes into effect or something of that nature. Yeah.. Maybe I could, but is that really what I want? Do I really want to wait another 3 months or so, when Cataclysm is just on the horizon, and people are simply farming Arthas like he was a heroic dungeon? No, not really. If I get the Kingslayer attached to my name, I want it to be when it still means something, or not at all.

Herein lies my problem. Short of probably a 25% damage buff, not many pugs are probably going to bring Arthas down, and even then... from what I have seen of the fight, that might still be a stretch as it's every bit a mechanical fight as much as it is a gear check. The downside is, I would have to leave all my friends in the LSC behind to find a raider's guild. Do I really want to do this though? Sure, I have all kinds of alts around Wyrmrest Accord, and I could certainly leave them in the guild and still RP with them on all my other characters, etc etc etc. But I don't know.

I realize this isn't something anyone can help me out with. I have to decide for myself what to do. I've spoken to both of the GMs and they both have been apprehensively supportive. "Whatever makes you happy," and so forth. I would almost feel guilty to leave them though, because they really ARE my friends.
I remembered the scripting to change the size of pictures, so now you can see my hunter with Skoll. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me comments! WTB MOAR COMMENTS!