Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hey Jealousy!

Yep.. I stole the title of my blog from a song by the Gin Blossoms. Anyway. What am I jealous of? All you beta-testers out there! I realize there's lots of server problems and the new download client sounds.... weird at best. But you're there! You're in the beta, watching the game develop LIVE AS IT HAPPENS! Breaking news at 11, thousands of people are playing something that I don't get to! Yes, that makes me a bit jealous. If you listened to the podcast I guest-hosted on last week, then you already know this.

Speaking of the podcast, i'm curious of something. I've found myself listening to that particular recording multiple times. Why? Do I like the sound of my own voice that much? No...... well... maybe a bit. But mainly, I wanted to analyze myself. I can be very harsh on myself sometimes, and I wanted to see just how big of an idiot I made of myself. I am quite proud to say that I think I did *quite* well for my first live interaction. And on top of that, a lot of my comments were done by the seat of my pants, as it were. I don't want to say I didn't prepare for the show, because I did. I've been following the druidic changes very closely since the talent trees for Cataclysm were first officially released. I've groaned and grunted, cheered and questioned, scratched my head and stared blankly, just like everyone else has at some point in time over some of those silly changes. What I mean about "seat of my pants" though ,was that I really had very little scripted preparation. I knew some of the basics I wanted to say about the feral tree. I knew that we (Esh, Kat, myself and Lisanna) were going to talk about the druid changes, but I didn't know exactly what -kind- of things were going to be discussed. I didn't know that Esh and Lisanna were both in the Alpha, as well as the Beta. I have very limited experience with both boomkin and resto, so I didn't know how much helpful feedback I would have to give to those topics. And, i'll admit, My thoughts on resto/balance may have been a little silly and hackneyed maybe, but I literally pulled them out of myself on the spot.

It was a HELL of a lot of fun, and I look forward to doing it again. Who knows.. Maybe one day i'll get off my keister and get my own podcast going. Have a lot of things to learn about before that day comes, so who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me comments! WTB MOAR COMMENTS!