Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Holy hell what a week..

Sorry guys, it's been a LONG week (or 11 days) which has kept me from posting. I appreciate your patience with me.

So, first thing's first. I continue to manage to not piss off the owner of hordereview.com... in fact he thinks i'm making some killer posts there for beginning hunters. If you feel like checking it out, go to hordereview.com, lol. Secondly, if you ever listen to the All Things Azeroth podcast, and you managed to listen to the newest episode (Which was recorded yesterday, so I dont think it's live yet) then you may have heard a rare treat... I recorded an intro for a contest they're running, and it was played live yesterday. The contest is, in essence, for a guest hosting spot on their 200th episode (which is in 3 more weeks). SO.. There's a possibility that yours truly will be a guest host with Medros and Shade on ATA's illustrious 200th episode.

Alright, now that i'm done tooting my own horn, let me tell you a bit about my week in WoW.. I've kind of set my pally on the shelf for a bit. I think she's 45 right now, but i've been playing my druid who is now level 78. I recently respecced my druid's off-spec to feral, and used a metric S--- TON of leather to make him the Eviscerator's set (Which, incidently, is great for tanking because it's a lot of stam, and a lot of attack power...) I've picked up a couple rings and a necklace that are good for tanking, but tanking on him is a little more tough than you might think. Why is that? Because i'm still adjusting to the rage mechanic. Battling rage starvation is kind of a pain in the ass, but i'm working on it. My first random tanking gig took place in Halls of Stone, and I think I did a pretty good job. No one died, and everyone said I did alright, so yay for that. I was battling for aggro with the ret pally a few times, but he was really good dps for a pre-80.... and he also didn't seem to want to wait long for me to build threat.. No problem, he was well geared and any beating he took didn't hurt him too much. I was thrilled at this group having gone so well for me never having tanked on a druid before. Woo!

Outside of WoW, but still related, i've been playing Warcraft 3 a lot lately. Man, i'd forgotten how FUN that game is, and also how damn FRUSTRATING it can be. Right now i'm in the undead campaign (not in The Frozen Throne, just original WC3). One of the (unanimously decided) most DIFFICULT missions in the game... I'm going to quote how I worded it on twitter last night. "Protect Kel'thuzad for 30 minutes while we throw a whole fucking map at you, so he can summon Archimonde to go hump the World Tree". If you don't get the reference about Archi and the world tree then you NEED TO WATCH THIS VIDEO.

Alright, that's enough babbling for me today. Thanks for bearing with me through my lack of posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me comments! WTB MOAR COMMENTS!